The Following Courses are Presented by The Acme Institute #348
As Part of the 2017 Class Schedule
40 hour pre-licensure class/Also Certified for Broker Prep
90 hours of class time designed to prepare agents to become brokers
If you have any dietary, health or mobility problems, let us know. The Acme Institute is committed to Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) It has come to our attention that a number of our students and instructors (Gwyn for one) suffer from asthma and/or allergies. Please refrain from wearing fragrances and/or smoking near the classroom or classroom access. Thank you.
Acme Institute, Inc.
Main Office: 3651 Bunker Hill Road, Suite 328, Acme, Michigan 49610
Class held throughout the State of Michigan in Public Asembly Sites
Website Address: http://www.theacmeinstitute.com
Owner/President and Director ~ Gwyn Besner
Administrative Assistant ~ Bobbie Stevens
Instructional Supervisors ~ Gwyn Besner and Bobbie Stevens
Faculty: Gwyn Besner, Joseph Schmitt, Connie Rountree, Barbara Hood, Sharon Johnson, Stephanie Jones
Holidays: No classes are scheduled on official federal holidays
Hazardous Weather: In the event of hazardous weather, call the school (800-799-0483) for information regarding class schedule changes.
- Our mission is to deliver the most current education possible in a manner the student will remember.
- Prerequisite Requirements: If student is under the age of 18, the state will not issue a license until their 18th birthday.
- Students must have knowledge and understanding of the English language. No other prerequisites required for our courses.
- Non-Sufficient Funds Checks: A $25.00 service charge on all returned checks.
- Students are allowed to register the day the classes begin if there is available seating in the class.
- Computers, cell phones, pagers and handheld devices must be placed in silent mode during the class.
- We ask that you do not answer your calls until you are completely out of theclassroom as to not disrupt the rest of the students.
- Policies relative to absences, leaves and tardiness: All students are required to make up and and all time missed.
- Student Conduct: Good conduct is expected of all students. The instructor maintains the right to dismiss any student for any unfavorable conduct.
- No Weapons. Weapons are generally defined as guns, knives and other objects universally considered a weapon by the vast majority of society. A “weapon” can also be any object which would do harm to another when used as such. The Acme Institute will deem any such object a “weapon” for the purpose of enforcing this policy.
- We do not have additional charges for student activities.
- Required course materials: Class manuals are provided with the tuition fee. We do not sell our course manuals separately. We do have test prep materials available at no cost on our website.
- Upon successful completion, a certificate will be awarded.
- Placement assistance: The Acme Institute, Inc. does not provide any assistance.
- Grading: A score of 70% or higher is required to receive a certificate
- The various classes we offer are in 30, 31, and 40 hour time frames.
- The classes are to give you a basic knowledge of real estate and to prepare you for the state examinations and licensing.
- Credit for previous education and training may be allowed in certain instances to be determined by the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
- Broker applicants may be allowed to apply certain college courses taken in the past. Lists of approved courses (including college courses) and schools are available from the Department of Energy, Labor and Economic Growth.
- Student equipment: Students will need simple calculators and implements to take notes. To be provided by the student.
- Requirements for Graduation: Students must attend all classroom hours, pass the final exam and pay the tuition in full.
- Refund Policy: All tuition and fees paid by the applicant shall be refunded if the applicant is rejected by the school before enrollment. An applicant fee of not more than $25.00 may be retained by the school if the applicant is denied. All tuition and fees paid by the applicant shall be refunded if requested within three (3) business days after signing a contract with the school. all refunds shall be returned with 30 days. Students who want a refund, but do not return the manual (unmarked) will be charged $25.00. Students withdrawing after the first 3 hours will be charged a $10.00 fee per hour for each hour attended in addition to the charge for the manual. Students who cancel a class before the class begins will be charged a $15.00 processing fee. Tuition can be transferred to a future class date once without penalty. Additional transfers will be subject to the processing fee. NO refunds will be issued for ANY reason after 6 months has lapsed.
- Grievance Policy: Student is allowed to file a complaint with the State of Michigan at http://www.michiganps.net.
- Course Fees: Fees for Continuing Education Courses are set by the host (association/brokerage) of the class.
- Required Course Materials: Class manuals are provided with the tuition fee.
- Meeting Facilities: Our classes are held a Public Assembly Facilities as specified in our schedule.